Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 11:43:34 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: beowulf, bsd, and linux (flamebait)

I don't know why this rates an "ouch", it's just one guy's opinion and
a not very objective or well-supported one at that.

I'd say the BSD projects are more than open when compared to linux,
and I'd prefer to have a single CVS respository to go check things
out of and compare things to than try and follow linux's "here's
a tarball.. here's another tarball...  hey, how about another
tarball.. [repeat until insane]" approach.

As to egos, I know Linus pretty well and while I've always managed to
get along with him, you'd have to be blind, deaf and dumb to fail to
notice that his ego is also of fairly stellar proportions. :)

I think this is a case of selective myopia where Donald's observations
are concerned.

- Jordan