Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 17:40:52 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Subject:   Re: db 1.85 --> 2.x or 3.x?

On Tue, 02 May 2000 17:14:31 +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:

> >  Sleepycats license is not FreeBSD compatible :-/
>
>       I don't understand.  Reading
> <http://www.sleepycat.com/license.net>, it seems to me that FreeBSD
> meets all the necessary requirements.  Can someone who understands the
> details of the licensing issues either explain the situation to me, or
> provide pointers to references that do?

This is taken from http://www.sleepycat.com/licensing.html:

        If you redistribute your application outside of your site and
        your source code is not freely available and redistributable by
        others, then you require a commercial license from Sleepycat
        Software.

This means that the software's presence in FreeBSD makes FreeBSD
unsuitable for building and selling a black box solution.

Ciao,
Sheldon.