Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:27:47 -0500
From:      Peter Gervais <pgervais@cnwl.igs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Matrox G450 support in FreeBSD 5.0

The Matrox G450 video card is supposed to able to handle 2 monitors on the
single PCI card.
The 5.0 doc indicate that it includes XFree86 4.3.0  release which supports
this card.
When 5.0 is loaded, and i look at the mga driver man page, i get XFree86
4.2.0.

Question:

I need to be able to use the two monitors separately as two separate units
( not showing the same stuff on both ).

1) Do i need to download 4.3.0 from Xfree86 in order to get this support?
If so, Xfree86 4.3.0 is only supported on previous 4.x version of FreeBSD.

2) What is the XFree86Config file supposed to look like in order to
implementation dual separate head using the Matrox mga driver.

3) the man page talks about a mga_hal file. Can't find this anywhere? Is
this required?

4) do i need to start the xserver in a special way ?

5) can this done using motif mwm?

The system does work showing identical info on both screens. I need to get
true dual separate heads working.

Peter J. Gervais
P.O. Box 83
St Andrews West,Ontario Canada
K0C 2A0
Voice: (613)-938-6549
Fax: (613)-936-0111
Cell: (613)-936-7887
E-mail: pgervais@cnwl.igs.net
    _
   / |
  /  |__/Peter \__|
{_ __Gervais__/|   Mooney C-GYTE 1977 M20J
          0    0
    __!__
      " "

May the Winds Always Favor your Tail