Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:26:55 +0200
From:      Diego Calleja =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Garc=EDa?= <aradorlinux@yahoo.es>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ugly Huge BSD Monster

El Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:55:21 -0600 Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> escribi=
=F3:

> It doesn't seem as if this situation is likely to change, either. The=20
> incompatibilities between the BSDs (not just FreeBSD, but all of the BSD)
> and the Linux desktops seem to grow daily. Both KDE and GNOME are pretty =
much=20
> becoming by, of, and for Linux exclusively. Even FVWM (which, I understan=
d,=20
> was once BSD-licensed) is now GPLed.

There're people who is even maintaining apps between linux<->windows; I don=
't
thing is that difficult to keep it working for more OSs
One can't deny that most of the gnome thing is done by linux/solaris people.

But the good thing of free software (let's not waste time discussing about
the stupid licenses) is that you can make it work under freebsd.

gnome and kde are getting better and better daily; things like openoffice,
evolution or gstreamer ARE what makes you a desktop OS or not. Getting that
working under BSDs will make you a desktop OS.There's no need to waste
time discussing if BSD is a bit more free than GPL or not; just join to the=
m,
get the damned GPLed thing working and enjoy.

Diego Calleja