Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 1994 23:55:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      gibbs@uclink.berkeley.edu (Justin Theodore Gibbs)
To:        branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov (Branson Matheson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver?

>  I have a friend that is interested in working on a driver for the
>  adaptec 2940w. Is there any one out there that has one or is working
>  or knows where the information can be gotten?
>
>   -branson

I wrote the aic7770 driver for FreeBSD.  The code needs a PCI probe and
some slight tweeking to the sequencer code to support wide devices.  I
could kick out the driver in about two weeks if I had the hardware.  I
just may get access to a machine with a 2940W in the begining of January,
so I'll know more then.

If you want to do your own development, call Adaptec's Technical Document
line: 1-800-934-2766.  You will want the aic7870 Data Book, 2940 Technical
Reference, and possibly the 2740 Technical Refference and aic7770 Data Book.

--
Justin