Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:43:01 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD: The Storage Wars

On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 06:29:33AM -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:
> Fanaticism with regards to using an OS whose developers won't do what
> is needed is also irritating.  Maybe they are now coming aware with real
> applications being used now.  FreeBSD users exposed the issue almost
> right away, and therefore the problem had to be fixed.  There was no
> choice, and no arrogance.
>
> FreeBSD (in general) should be proud about the consideration that the
> developers had given to the user base.  From that viewpoint, it is not

Working threads?  NFS?

I have nothing but FreeBSD on my machines, but I often hear the
comment that someone chose or went back to Linux because it has more
"support" for various things.  And lately the amount of software I
can't build because it relies on threads is growing.  (I think we've
"copied" Linux's implementation somewhere, but it doesn't seem to
be in the standard distribution.. sound familiar?)

I'm not advocating Linux, but I don't think we should be saying things
that make us look hypocritical.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/