Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 01:25:08 -0000
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   TUN0

| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Hi all,

Looking through the dial-up firewall guide and I have followed the
instructions, recompiles the kernel and added the correct lines to rc.conf
and edited the firewall config that the doc says is a good starting place.

When I rebooted the PC it came up with lots of error saying that device tun0
did not exist.  I had a look and it doesn't, it only seems to appear after
you use ppp to dial up the net then it is there for good until the next
reboot.

I am moving ISP and getting a cable line in soon, so presumably I can change
the tun's to the dev name of the Ethernet cards and this will enable all the
PC's on my LAN to talk to the internet.

Also, I was reading the rc.firewall file and it has loads of different lines
in it.  Am I best to rem all these out and put my own in or will the
external file I have created work and overwrite the default rules.

G D McKee