Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:10:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw+r for FreeBSD -- Recap of successful steps

:9. Burn each DVD+RW's first image with:
:     growisofs -Z [device] [mkisofs options] [files]
:
:     To burn all files in the current directory I
:used:
:     growisofs -Z /dev/cd0c -r -l *
:
:10. To burn additional files to the DVD+RW, replace
:'-Z' with '-M' in step 9.

    Also note that you can burn a .iso directly using the form:

	growisofs -Z device=<isofile>

    And also note that when using -M (multi session support) with DVD+R
    and DVD-R disks that you are limited to 153 sessions on DVD+R and 2000+ on
    DVD-R, plus of course each session introduces a gap on the DVD and
    wastes a little extra space because of that.  So don't just burn one
    file per session.  If you intend to burn a lot of files burn as many
    files per session as you can.

:Best of luck; and a big "THANKS!" to everyone who
:helped me out!
:
:Andrew Gould

    I'm glad you got it working!  For myself it's nice to be able to make
    permanent archives again.  CDRs just don't have enough storage.

				-Matt
				Matthew Dillon
				<dillon@backplane.com>