Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:52:26 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Japan FreeBSD RC5!! Wow!

On Wed, Nov 26, 1997 at 03:44:23PM -0800, Tom wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Mark Mayo wrote:
>
> > Wow, I just peeded at the latest RC564 stats, and the Japan
> > FreeBSD Users Group is kicking ass!! As of right now, they're the
> > #1 team at their current rate. #7 overall, but it looks like within
> > 1 or 2 days they'll be at #5 or so. Very impressive. I knew FreeBSD
> > was a pretty hot ticket in Japan, but I had no idea it was this
> > hot!!
> >
> > Team-FreeBSD is also doing quite well, 16th overall but moving
> > up - 11th best rate yesterday. Good stuff as well. It really
> > looks good for FreeBSD when we're placing high up in the RC5 stats.
> > Now we just have to get the operating system numbers up, although
> > it looks like we'll finally pass OS/2 in the next few days. Phew!
> >
> > -Mark
> >

>   This belongs on freebsd-chat, not hackers.

Indeed. I intended to send it there, but somehow typed "hackers"
instead of "chat" - must have been the same defective neuron that
fired and caused me to type "peeded at the RC5 stats" instead of
"peeked"...  :-)

Directed to -chat from here on in.

-Mark

> Tom

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU