Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 00:35:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: InfoWorld brawl esclates

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> On Mon, 4 May 1998, David Greenman wrote:
>
> >We should be extending welcoming hands to the Linux people and working on
> >converting them to FreeBSD, not alienating them with this sort of
> >rhetoric.
>
> I have posted to this effect before. I am registering my support for Mr.
> Greenman's position.
>
> Everyone who supports free software should support each other. If there is
> a faction within the free software community that is antgonistic, that
> faction should be left alone to rant in their own little corner of the
> net.
>
> We do not want to be that faction. We do not even want to be _perceived_
> as being in that faction. Cooperation is the cornerstone of free software.

Fervor is appropriate in promoting one's position but should be
positive. I agree with David and you Jason.

Do not sink into a brawl in the gutter but actively promote FreeBSD.

We have nothing to apologize for or squabble about. A lot of bandwidth is
being wasted on "did you read what they said?!"

Spend it on promotion.

John