Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 1996 02:48:04 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Lamb.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, ulf@Lamb.net (Ulf Zimmermann)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone knows this card ?

At 08:37 AM 12/29/96 +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>> >(this is the model which does not support an optional MPEG board, the
>> >picture is at http://www.hauppauge.com/hcw/html/wc_data.htm#Overview)
>> >
>> >Anyone knows something about this board ?
>
>> That board is based on a chipset from Chips&Technology with additional
>
>hmmm, I believe you are referring to a different model. The one I saw
>has for sure a Bt848 which is from Brooktree.

Yep. My problem was that Hauppauge the name WinTV/pc already used before
for the card I described.

>> chips from Phillips connected with a I2C bus. I once programmed stuff for
>> boards like these. Wrote for example a software decoder for the Videotext.
>> The last revision of the boards I know, didn't worked good with digital
>> mix, as it didn't had fast enough ADC stuff for this. Because of this most
>> boards are done with an analog mixing, which results in a bad quality.
>
>what are digital and analog mix for ?

Digital goes over the VGA Vesa Feature connector. You get much better
picture, but you need very speedy chips for it. While the analog mixing
Hauppauge is using, has a cable from the VGA card to Hauppauge card, it
mixes the VGA and the TV picture (inserts it into the VGA picture) and
gives it out via the second connector on the Hauppauge card.

>	Luigi

Ulf.

Alameda Networks, Inc.   | Ulf Zimmermann (ulf@Alameda.net)
1525 Pacific Avenue      | Phone: (510)769-2936
Alameda, CA 94501        | Fax  : (510)521-5073