Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:48:11 +1030 (CST)
From:      Matt Baker <matt@portal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need Unix/FreeBSD based accounting/billing software with Radius server and sql database

> > Please, is there another software available for Sun or FreeBSD,
> > which has a radius server with connectivity to a sql database.
>
> My colleague has just put radius support into pppd, and I'm about to
> review and commit it in the next couple of days.  I'll also make it into
> a package so people can test it/use it in 2.2.5+
>
> In the package I'll include ip-up/ip-down scripts, which you can use as
> models.  In these scripts you could put msql statements.

Have you looked at also doing login.c as well?
I'm at the moment using your pppkit package (works well!), which allows
for users to connect in two possible ways:
1. PAP login which is handled by pppd itself,
2. and normal login, then kick off pppd.

This second one is used by a few of our customers using Trumpet Winsock
under Windows 3.1.

Matthew.
---------
matt baker