Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:53:25 GMT
From:      steven@shellnet.com (Steven Fletcher)
To:        "Grant Beckerleg" <grant@vbc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: client can't view own site

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:18:11 -0000, you wrote:

>Can anyone offer any clues to the problem? I think I have missed
>something when setting this account up, but I am very new to this.

Did you try the apache's "apachectl configtest" script just to make sure =
you've got the syntax correct?

Looking at your problem, I'd guess that you most likley have a DNS issue,=
 considering that your client can reach your site over vanilla IP =
addresses.
Are you sure that you've typed it correctly, and have the correct =
reverse-dns in place if you're not using the ServerName directive.

The text "INDEXED" certianly isn't in any part of the default Apache =
config I've ever seen.
A good test would be to get your client to telnet to the DNS entry on =
port 80 and send a HEAD / HTTP/1.0 to make sure that it's definetly =
running on the server that you think it is :)

Without more information there's not much I could suggest.

Steven Fletcher - Shellnet
steven@shellnet.co.uk