Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 19:39:15 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc rc commit breaks PicoBSD

Doug, CC to small

Your commit to  release/picobsd/mfs_tree/etc/rc
for REGENG_3 is broken. :-(

'small' reader: Doug changed
   gzip -d *.gz
to gzip -df *.gz

For some reason this fails to work on the PicoBSD disk.
I'm using a 3.5-stable bridge disk.

The kernel boots and now says
"Reading /etc from /dev/fd0c"
"-df : File not Found"

or invalid file name or something like that.
It then goes into a continual loop, retunning the 'broken' rc file
as it cannot extrac the proper 'rc' file from the floppy.

gzip -df *.gz works on my command line.
I wonder why PicoBSD does not like it.

I did not think we used a cut down guzip. Maybe we do.

So, Doug, can you back out the change please.

Thanks.
Roger