Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 13:31:32 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr>
To:        Shilpa Ashok Deshpande <shilpa@cse.iitb.ernet.in>, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Testing....

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 04:26:40PM +0530, Shilpa Ashok Deshpande wrote:
> 	How can i test IPv6? I have IPv6 installed only on one linux
> m/c and i can't install it on any other m/c. Can anybody suggest some
> way of testing IPv6 connectivity with IPv6.
> 	Are there existing, well known IPv6 addresses available?

It's not clear whether you just want to test local connectivity or
you want to connect to the 6bone.

If the former, the localhost address is ::1 under IPv6. There are
also "local" addresses (autoconfigured using the MAC address of
your ethernet card) that should be shown by ifconfig or netstat
(look for fe80::....). Finally, you can test the IPv4 compatibility
mode with addresses in ::ffff:a.b.c.d where a.b.c.d is any IPv4
address.

If you want to connect to the 6bone, see http://www-6bone.lbl.gov/6bone
or more specifically http://www-6bone.lbl.gov/6bone/6bone_hookup.html
--