Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 15:48:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stefan Walter <stefan.walter@stud.udo.edu>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No connection with isdnmonitor

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Martin Husemann wrote:

> > > Try netstat -a to determine if your guess is correct.
> > It was indeed correct. However, I will do as Hellmuth said and upgrade.
>
> Is there a special reason you don't use the local domain socket (i.e.
> doing "isdnmonitor -l /var/run/isdn-monitor")?
Well, yes: it doesn't work, either. ;) I did try it, but the
socket is not created by isdnd. Additionally - although I'm not
quite a newbie to UNIX systems any more -, I know next to nothing about
sockets; just enough to make sure it doesn't work, either.

> Does netstat show the configured port being listened on at all? Maybe it's
> just not listening on 127.0.0.1:451, but instead your "real" IP (this
> depends on how "localhost" is resolved on your system, assuming you put
> that into your config file; you might try configuring with dotted-quad
> IP numbers instead of names)
netstat says there's nothing listening on port 451 at any of my IPs. I
tried 127.0.0.1 as well as the IP of my NIC, plus the local domain
socket. That's why I was asking, everything seems well-configured...

Regards,
Stefan
--
GPG fingerprint: 6719 7C67 E188 4419 C7F6  786E 58C0 AEBF 5796 6947
GPG key available on request