Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 10:18:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        tom@haven.uniserve.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Buslogic?

> >   Can someone give me a e-mail/httpd/etc for Buslogic?  I want to order a
> > Buslogic 946 and I can't find a supplier.
>
> I don't have an email address, but there number is (408) 492-9090.  I
> also carry the Buslogic line of products, including the 946C.   I can't
> get a current price until the morning.
>
> Is there some reason you want the 946C over an NCR 810 based controller?
>
> Also be ware that there have been compatibility problems with the 946C and
> some motherboards.

I am considering purchasing a high end 486 in the near future (486DX2/80?)
for use as a new news server.  Having heard so many good things about PCI,
the NCR 810, etc., and not knowing anything at all about PCI, I was
wondering:

Is there a good 486 PCI motherboard available?  What chipset should I be
looking for?  Can I jam multiple NCR 810's on the thing and expect it to
work?  (say, for example, 3 or 4 of them).

Any suggestions/advice appreciated.  :-)

Thanks,

... Joe