Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:57:53 -0100 (GMT)
From:      Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, FreeBSD hackers list <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Summary: shopping for new video adapter

> If you can live with swarming ants, random pixel garbage and occasional
> snow, by all means go for it.  Otherwise, hang back a few months and
> let the nice XFree MII hackers finish the job.

Strange! You have problems i seen only on the first version of the old
matrox with XIG 1.2.

I use 2 matrox cards (1600x1200 and 1800x1400 Multi-headed) with Xig4 and
have no problems !!. (cards; MII, 1AGP, 1PCI, all two 8Mb).

Last time i checked, the Matrox support in XFree was not accelerated.
Will it be for the MII ?