Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:46:54 +0200
From:      Jakob Breivik Grimstveit <jakob@grimstveit.no>
To:        Aaron Holmes <evil@evildomain.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh pre-login message

Aaron Holmes wrote on Mon, 05 Sep 2005 03:11:

> I'm not entirely sure this is the proper place for this, but how can i=20
> get a pre-login message to show up before the "login as:" prompt  on
> freebsd 5x

=46rom `man sshd_config`:

     Banner  In some jurisdictions, sending a warning message before authen=
ti-
             cation may be relevant for getting legal protection.  The con-
             tents of the specified file are sent to the remote user before
             authentication is allowed.  This option is only available for
             protocol version 2.  By default, no banner is displayed.

Just modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config with your favourite text-editor and restart
the sshd service and you should be good to go.

Using FreeBSD5.4-RELEASE-p6 myself.

HTH. HAND.

--=20
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, <http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/>, 48298152
Bes=F8k Newsergalleriet: <http://www.newsergalleriet.no/>;

"I am not an Economist. I am an honest man!"  -- Paul McCracken