Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 02:09:38 +0900
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Yuan Jue <yuanjue02@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Desktop Note on FreeBSD?

--nextPart1409606.DWYUuiyvxm

On Monday 26 December 2005 01:35, Yuan Jue wrote:
> On Monday 26 December 2005 00:15, you wrote:
> > On Monday 26 December 2005 00:54, Yuan Jue wrote:
> > > hello, all
> > >
> > > is there any software that like Rainlender on Windows? I need to make
> > > some notes sometimes, and i think it would be much better if the notes
> > > could be always shown on the desktop to remind me. Kontact is great,
> > > but not at this point :(
> >
> > Do you perhaps mean something like kde's knotes?
>
> thanks for your reply. knotes does its work, but not that well as
> Rainlender. I mean its look and interface. can knote be transparent?

Sure, kwin can make any application transparent.  It appears that knotes on=
 my=20
system just magically is translucent, probably because it is a dock window,=
=20
but you can set this more specifically for knotes by setting "window specif=
ic=20
settings" for the window class knotes.  Hope this helps,

Eric

=2D-=20
The signature is a location used to give a personalised feel to each E-mail=
=20
without having to personalise each E-mail.