Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 21:48:16 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interesting Serial card: 16bit and 16650[sic]

In message <199611250441.PAA27340@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Michael Smith writes:
: Warner Losh stands accused of saying:
: > It claims to have support for 115200 OR 230400 or 460800 baud.  Well,
: > the rates higher than 115200 are reserved to software developers.
:
: *laugh*  Sounds like it has a faster clock onboard and a programmable
: divider.  What's the crystal on the card?

7.3738MHz.  The buad rate selectors go into a 74LS74.  Looks like a
strong case for simple divide my n :-).

: > Looking at the card, it also supports most of the IRQ lines.  However,
: > the small tab of the card only has IRQ pins, so I'm not sure if it
: > decodes 16bit addresses, or can do 16bit data transfers.
:
: The 16650 is still an 8-bit part, so extra databits would be useless.

Makes sense.  I have confirmed that the tongues in question are IRQ
10, 11, 12, and 15.

So it sounds like it would work with FreeBSD....  That's good to know.

Warner