Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:52:37 +0000
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is FreeBSD going?

At 20:31 06/01/2004, Mark Linimon wrote:
>There are hundreds of PRs still to be processed that do have
>patches -- in fact, on most days the backlog is getting bigger,
>not smaller.

   Speaking of which... if there's one thing which could be done
to improve committer / non-committer relations, it would be to
*do* something with all those PRs.
   The ports team is pretty good -- my maintainer updates have
always been committed fairly quickly -- but I've never had a
src patch committed without badgering committer(s) about my PRs.

   Don't misunderstand me; I think the project is heading in the
right direction, and committers are doing a great job.  But I
think the contributions of non-committers could make FreeBSD
even better, and those contributions are being largely lost or
ignored.

Colin Percival