Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:29:11 +0200 (EET)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATM drivers

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Drew Sanford wrote:

Hello,

Yes, DSL modems are ATM cards inside. Currently I have (almost) working
implementation for speastream 3010 (same as the ATM part in 3060).

However, 3060 has addtional ADSL DMT hardware  (Alcatel MTC-20136), which
provides physical layer connectivity. It requies additional firmware and
separate additional initializaton.

Unfortunately, I have not enough details (and firmware for mtc-20136),
so SpeeStream 3060 DOES NOT work. I have had e-mail exchange with
Efficent, but still not enough to really contiue with 3060 (or 3020)A
driver.

best regards,
taavi