Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:36:48 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Nicole <nicole@babug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BAFUG / BABUG Meeting This Thursday In FosterCity

* Nicole <nicole@babug.org> [000911 14:10] wrote:

>  Our next meeting will be held:
>   at IBM/Whistle on Thursday, Sept 14th. at 7:30pm.
>
>  Our Topic:
>  Installing FreeBSD By Nicole Harrington & FreeBSD NetBoot Install by Alfred
>  Perlstein.
>
>   This will be a walk thru demonstration on a live machine overviewing the
>  install choices, file system layouts for different types of machines, swap size
>  needs, code base and package installs choices and reasoning. ( I will also
>  present my list of Nicole'isms or how "I" like machines setup and solcit
>  alternatives. )
>
>   Alfred will be performing a walk thru demonstration of his
>  new NetBoot install program that makes installing FreeBSD almost too easy.
>
>   This should be a great time for someone new to FreeBSD to
>  attend, and for those old hats to come and share your views. Express your
>  reasons for how you perform your installs and more!
>
>   An FTP mirror will be available for those who wish to bring a machine along if
>  you are having trouble.

I would also like to discuss the recent my and Bosko Milekic's recent
start on making the network stack MPsafe, so any smp gurus showing up
would be most appreciated.

I'd also like to thank Mike Smith in advance for his recent work on
the PXE->NFS_ROOT stuff, if I have time I'll try to adapt my tutorial
to use it.  I'd also like to point out that although I've done PXE
setups for two companies now, the majority of the actual code was done
by Paul Saab, Peter Wemm at Yahoo! and Johnathan Baldwin at BSDi.