Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:45:33 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        richard@pegasus.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: SCSI scanner

In article <199802091913.JAA22028@pegasus.com>
richard@pegasus.com writes:

>> Aloha,  has any work been done on a driver for SCSI connected scanners?
>> I have a Microtek E3 that I don't use much because I have to boot Linux
>> to use it.  :-(
>>
>> Nobody else has one of these things?
>>
>> There was a rumor that the xv guy was thinking about adding support for
>> them to his gem.  Any word on that?

I'm using EPSON's GT-5500 (SCSI version) with SANE (Scanner Access Now
Easy) on our FreeBSD box.  Maybe Microtek's scanner alson can be used
with sane.

BTW, I remember that I found the SANE port in FreeBSD/incoming/ (or
somewhere else) of ftp.freebsd.org, but I can't find it in
ports-current.  Anybody working on this?

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Network Technology Center