Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:50:09 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear MA301 and other PIX based PrismII PCI adapters

In message <2672.216.101.175.66.998515230.squirrel@medusa.kfu.com> Nick Sayer writes:
: A friend and I are trying to get a machine of his (running RELENG_4) to go
: with a Netgear MA401. The trick is, however, that this isn't a laptop. We
: bought the MA301 PCI adapter, but that doesn't appear to be working. It
: shows up as vendor 0x1385, device 0x4100. I tried substituting these in the
: wi pci probe routine, but that just hung the machine at attach time. I went
: to Fry's and took a couple of other brand PCI 802.11b cards out of the box
: (shh!) and they all appear to be based on that same PIX chip (perhaps with
: different vendor/device ID pairs).
:
: Has anyone got one of these to work? Do I try and get the PIX to be
: recognized as a Cardbus bridge or do I have to hack the wi driver some more?

I think that your adapter is like the PLX adapter that the wi driver
uses.  You'll need to hack the wi driver to recognize the vendor.

Warner