Date:      Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:42:57 +0000
From:      David Gerard <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Question's.

Daniel A. wrote:

> One Linux distribution in particular that I think you might like, is
> Ubuntu. You can download it at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/, or order a
> CD (Free shipping, free CD, you pay nothing).

Seconded. I put Ubuntu on my laptop after FreeBSD 5 wouldn't behave.
It's Debian-based, so it's technically sensible, and Ubuntu work VERY
hard to have stuff Just Work. I routinely recommend it to people who
want to try something else because they're bloody sick of Windows sucking.

I also recommend anyone working on the FreeBSD ports/packages system to
try Ubuntu and the Synaptic Package Manager (a nice graphical frontend
to apt). It's RIDICULOUSLY easy to use and there's little excuse for
doing any less well.

- d.