Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 1995 10:28:53 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        Gary Clark II <gclarkii@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing the Handbook

> I do not understand what Julian S. was trying to say.:(

I wrote

> > ... or have I misunderstood you ?

As I wan't clear what you proposed :-)

If you propose to sell paper copies in ring binders,
(or machine readable copies) :
	a) you don't need to pay FreeBSD anything
	b) your voluntary offering of 25% is very generous :-)
	c) I wish you best of luck simultaneously
	   making money & publicising FreeBSD :-)

If on the other hand a restrictive usage copyright requiring royalties
would end up in our FreeBSD src/ tree, I would be against that
(& such would need a wider authorisation than doc@ could grant ).

Currently we have nothing more restrictive than GNU in src/  .

Julian S