Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:59:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: I'm blocking Yahoo!

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Wes Peters wrote:

> I fully appreciate what a problem spam is, especially when you have
> to pay to recieve the crap, but question whether simply blocking
> one of the largest email providers in the world is really an effective
> tool.

Yes, it's an effective tool.  Large providers have large duties to
control spam.  Blocking the provider can give them an incentive to be
responsible.

In the meantime, I don't feel like trying to clean up Yahoo's problem.
Those who wish to send email from Yahoo can decide whether they're happy
with the situation or want to move to some other provider that isn't
widely rejected.