Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 2002 01:15:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Jesper Wallin" <z3l3zt@phucking.kicks-ass.org>
To:        <scott@Amelia.bsdprophet.org>
Cc:        <newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: which?

Hello again..

Well.. If explorer krashes, it will take about 3 seconds until you get a
blue screen and need to reboot.. Sure I know that Windows NT/XP/2k is much
more stable, BUT, in unix systems you have the difference between root and
users which is just a big joke in Windows NT/XP/2k.. Lets say you run a unix
system as a user and you get a virus of some kind, the only thing you have
access to is your home dir and maybe the /tmp... This will not effect any
other user or process.. If you run a Windows NT/XP/2k system as a users you
may have the same security BUT, if you want root/admin access you simply use
"su" on unix systems which doesn't excist in Windows system at all.. There
you have to exit all programs and login as another admin user.. This will
"force" you (at least all prople I know who's running Windows) to give them
admin access AND make them easier targets for viruses.. In a unix system you
can crash nearly how many programs/processes as possible but still you
system works fine.. On Windows system nearly all will effect the system and
you sooner or later will be forced to reboot..

I prefer running a Unix system because it's much more faster, stable and if
you know computers well and are interested in programming you may even can
fix the error which crash your computer because it's Open Source!

Alot of Unix systems are created and developed because it's fun.. Microsoft
Windows are created for one thing, to make money which really sux! Sure both
systems works fine and are stable, but thy the hell shall you pay for
something you can get for free? Because you trust it more if you pay? Well,
on Unix systems you can see EVERYTHING which is going on, on your system..
On M$ Windows systems you only see some of them and the whole system
structure make it un-logical and i still doesn't understand why the blue
screen excists.. The blue screen is/was made for debugging.. why implentit
in the final release? I mean, Amanda 43 won't understand anything at all of
what's displayed on that screen.. She will only be pissed and call her
technical support at her work.. :)

I trust Unix system so much so that day I need a Paese Maker (or how it's
spelled) I will force my doctor to run FreeBSD system on it.. It will make
me live the 30 next years.. Sure I live 30 years instead of 30 minutes..

//Jesper aka Z3l3zT