Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:56:12 +0300
From:      "Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
To:        freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some questions about localization.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 16:52:00 +0300, Alexander Voropay wrote:

> It is recommended to use GNUgettext for all new GPL-ed projects for
> messages output.

This is, obviously, not quite appropriate for BSD code base, is it?

PS: I have vague recollections about some utility that assisted in
maintaing catgets(3) by building catalogs from source code and
provided some help in maintaing numbering.  It is deja vu or does
anyone know about such a thing?  I help maintaining a program (lout
(ports/print)) with catgets-style localization and such an utility
would be very handy.

SY, Uwe