Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:00:05 -0500
From:      David Banning <dave@daveyelectric.ca>
To:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>, David Banning <david+dated+1611936580.6d1518@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clamd appears to hanging

thanks for that - it turns out that when I waited,  spamd -does-
eventually start - I think it took 45 minutes - knowing that it was
operating was only from sending the eicar virus to myself - it shows
that it caught it in the maillog,  but no email cleaned version of the
email arrived,  and there is no header in clean emails to show they have
been checked - but it works.  That's the good news.  It would be helpful
to have -something- that tells me that it is operating - even an
occasional clean scan note in maillog would be great.

I'll keep an eye to see if it continues to take a long time to start at
boot time - I may have to have it -not- start at boot, and start it
manually.