Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:13:01 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        John Sconiers <John_Sconieres@ama-assn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disk slice up

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 12:37:09PM -0500, John Sconiers wrote:
> Hi,

Hi, I see you're using GroupWise which makes Internet email very hard.
You might have to resort to hitting the enter key every 70-75 characters
if you can't get it to do that for you. Either that, or I have to do it
for you before I can reply.

> I'm not that new to freebsd however I would like to gain perspectives
> on slicing up hard drive space. IE How much space for user etc.....My
> cuurent machine has the following configuration and planned file
> systems.

This kind of thing is discussed on freebsd-questions. In fact, there
was a long thread on it recently, with many different viewpoints to
choose from. One benefit of dealing with this stuff in
freebsd-questions is that all the messages are archived and searchable
together at http://www.freebsd.org/search.html. After reading what was
said there, you will probably decide not to tie yourself down to fixed
sizes so much, but that's up to you. All the relevant issues were
raised in the archives.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-