Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:44:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        "James E. Marker" <jemstone@triplet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newfeed size?

Please fix your broken mail client.  It is _NOT_ appropriate to send in
HTML.

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, James E. Marker wrote:

> How big is a pretty complete newsfeed?  I just got my feed turned on and
> it has already used up almost a gig in less than half a day.  What is
> normal?  I am getting about 28,000 groups from mci.

8.5-9.5 gigs a day is a good number, if you toss a lot of the warez stuff.

Of course it would be half that if people didn't use silly clients that
did things in HTML for no reason.  Sigh; too bad that wouldn't really make
a difference.  Dropping the largest 1% of posts would cut the volume in
half though.