Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 07:28:17 -0700
From:      Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and IRC

Well I started this thread, so I thought I would comment a little:

First all the post was not about IRC it was just to get people to
discuss and made aware that IRC could be used as a good marketing tool or
just an easy way to bring new users in to the fold.

I do not know about you but in the my last 5 years of using FreeBSD I
have watched things change. There is now more effort on making FreeBSD a
marketable product to the public than in the past. Take a look at the
date on the CD's. You can tell things have been stepped up a bit. Dont
get my wrong I have nothing against linux opening doors and spearheading
the way into the corporate market. It just makes it that much easier for
us. But what happens when their spearheading is no longer there or if it
shifts to FreeBSD opening new doors.

Well I am ouuta here. I will either be on #FreeBSD or #FreeBSDHelp

TIA