Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:53:14 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
Subject:   Re: Sorry.

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 11:25  am, Terry Lambert wrote:
> The Official Party Line(tm) is that FreeBSD is a server OS, so
> no matter what you put into it, The Keepers Of The Official
> Party Line are going to squawk that you can't use the trademark
> if you don't distribute "Disc 1" exactly as distributed by the
> FreeBSD We Are Not A Workstation OS, We Are A Server OS people,
> thus crippling your ability to do what you want to do usefully
> or effectively.

Jesus Terry, not this crap again.

This in no way prevents you from shipping your own installer CD which
you describe in your documentation as the preferred method to install.

Then, if the customer has problems installing FreeBSd using your
installer, and comes to the project's mailing lists for help, they'll
be told to either contact your customer support, or use the project's
installer which you will have shipped as part of your product.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?