Date:      01 Dec 1997 14:05:11 +0100
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Jacques Vidrine <nectar@NECTAR.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pthreads

Jacques Vidrine <nectar@NECTAR.COM> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Where can I find a status of pthread support for FreeBSD-current?  I've
> not had experience with them before, but I have attempted to compile
> Python 1.5b1 with thread support, and the resulting application is not
> stable (in particular I've had problems with signals and the thread APIs
> themselves).

Python-1.4 seems to work with threads, except for the signals. All the
demos ran fine when I tested it. 1.5b1 is a different matter. There
are some modules that break when you compile with thread support, like
signal and fpectl. That's all I can say for now, I wanted to do some
more tests in the next few days.

tg