Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:18:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joseph Moran <josephm@toad.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   In PAO-980913, where did PCIC_IO go?

	Subject line says it.  I use FreeBSD on a Gateway Solo 2200, which
has a slightly nonstandard PCIC chip -- it's IO address lives at 0xfcfc
instead of the (usual?) 0x3e0.  Under 2.2.6-RELEASE w/ PAO-980430 this was
a simple fix: in the kernel config file, add the line:

option		"PCIC_IO=0xfcfc"

Well, I upgraded to 2.2.7-RELEASE w/ PAO-980913 to get a Linksys 10/100
card working, and I found that PCIC_IO as a variable no longer appears in
the code.  The closest I've found for an equivalent is IO_PCIC1, but
setting that in the config file does nothing.  Does this sound familiar to
anyone?  I'll keep rummaging through the source in the meantime.

jm