Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 2021 08:03:41 -0800
From:      Brian Buhrow <buhrow@nfbcal.org>
To:        Roger Pau =?utf-8?B?TW9ubsOp?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>, buhrow@nfbcal.org
Subject:   Re: Corruption in xenstored tdb file?

	Hello.  Yes, I think /var/run/xen or /var/run/xenstored is highly appropriate.
-thanks
-Brian

On Jan 29,  1:40pm, Roger Pau =?utf-8?B?TW9ubsOp?= wrote:
} On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 05:11:04PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
} > 	hello.  Recently One of my FreeBSD-xen servers went down hard due to a power failure.
} > When it came back up, one of the domus' came up, but with no network interface.  Dmesg
} > messages show the following errors.  To fix the issue, I removed the /var/lib/xenstored/tdb
} > file and rebooted.  Before that, I couldn't get this domu to boot with a network interface.  My
} > question is, is it reasonable to take this action when such an error occurs and, further, might
} > it be better to remove that file before attempting to start xen on reboots, just in case
} > something didn't go down cleanly?
}
} Yes, I think it should be placed in a directory that's cleaned on
} reboot, it's not expected that people have to go clean this
} themselves.
}
} Do you have any recommendation where this should be placed?
}
} /var/run/xen would seem like a suitable place.
}
} Thanks, Roger