Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 13:19:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "K.J.Koster" <kjk1@ukc.ac.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   A simple way to crash your system.

Hello hackers,

Last night I discovered a simple way to crash my system (2.1.5-release).
It is really nothing that you would do every day, but still.

After rebuilding my kernel, and doing a `make install' on it, I wanted to
make a little change to my autoexec.bat, before rebooting so:

LikeEver# make install
  *chew chew, installed kernel*
LikeEver# mount /msdos
  *silence*... Uh, Oh...
  *twitch, grasp, cold reboot*

This is obviously stupidity on my part, for not rebooting immediately
after installing the kernel, but still.

Altough I am speculating here, I think this has to do with the fact that
I do not have msdosfs compiled in with the kernel. After installing a
different kernel, I asked the system to modload msdosfs, with the above
result.

Please CC me, as I'm not on the list.

    Groetjes,
      Kees Jan

  Kees Jan Koster                     Kemsing gardens 46
  e-mail: kjk1@ukc.ac.uk              Canterbury, Kent
  phone:  UK-1227-452151              CT2 7RF, United Kingdom
  Yesterday I could not even write "Engenier",
                                           and now I are one.