Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2009 21:31:11 -0400
From:      Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing latest version of LaTeX

I added the winefish package (LaTeX editor) and installed the
print/latex port.  During the installation/building of the latex port,
I received a message that the version being installed was over 5 years
old.  When I tried to add latex via pkg_add, I had no success (I
assumed the package was named latex, but it wasn't found).

Winefish works, and latex appears to be installed, but I get errors
using code I know to be flawless. I suspect this relates to
out-of-date latex on my machine.

MY QUESTION: Please help me to install the newest version of latex.
I'm using 7.2-RELEASE.

Thanks,

Daniel