Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:33:16 -0800
From:      "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mentioned in SRO Update

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 00:15:02 MST, Sendmail channeled Wes Peters saying:
> >5. The Cheapest Route: A Tale Of Linux Vs. Cisco
> http://chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/srou990114/www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/column/0,471
2,381687,00.html

> There's not a single long-haul packet on the Net that doesn't pass through at
> least one Cisco router on its way from hither to yon. But there's just one
> little problem: It's expensive--very expensive. So why not try Linux instead?

You have a Linux box that will switch at OC-12 speeds available?

(I do not speak for my employer...)

| Kenton A. Hoover                  Network Team Manager | shibumi@cisco.com |
| Engineering Computer Services                          |                   |
| Cisco Systems, Inc.                                    |   +1.408.526.5249 |
|===================== http://www.shockwave.com/~shibumi ====================|
|    And the American left's infatuation with thrifty socialized medicine    |
|   is made possible by their never having to deal with it. The Japs and the |
|   Brits are a stoic bunch, suffering in silence, blaming themselves for    |
|   any illness, apologizing for any sort of dependence on the health        |
|   system, probably never reporting many deadly illnesses for fear of       |
|   cultural shame. I'll never forget having my front teeth removed by the   |
|   wonderful National Health Service: nurse's foot on my chest (I kid you   |
|   not), dentist's pliers in my mouth, blood everywhere, no gas, and when I |
|   screamed, I was accused of not being a grown-up. I was eight. Still,     |
|   really cheap. 6 percent of GNP on health in Britain, and all those       |
|   lovely physiques and smiles to show for it.                              |
|                                                  -- Andrew Sullivan        |