Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:20:31 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org, Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
Subject:   Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?

At 01:29 AM 1/19/2001, John Baldwin wrote:

>Actually, that is because many people have noticed that you tend to say the
>same thing over and over, and since they don't agree with you, they'd just as
>soon not see the same thing that they disagree with over and over.

Actually, many things are said over and over on these lists (for better or for
worse). And certainly not just by Yours Truly. I think that your latter point
is closer to the mark; there's a fraternity-like culture which includes elements
of hazing, ganging up, pecking orders, and ego. I don't see these things as
having a place in a collaborative software development effort, and think that
they've prevented FreeBSD from being as effective as it could be.

--Brett