Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:57:44 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newer bt848 driver - ready for commit to -stable

Roger Hardiman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My FTP logs inform me that lots of you have now downloaded
> my 'patched' bt848 driver from -current for your 2.2.x systems.
>
> As I have had no complaints, I plan to commit the -current driver
> (currently cvs rev 1.56) into -stable in the next few days.
>
> If anyone has any objections, please let me know.

	With all due respect to the fine work you're doing, I would strongly
oppose bringing this into -Stable at this time. Given that 2.2.8 is
(should be) the last release on the 2.2 branch, adding such a feature at
this time only adds potential for disaster.

	My vote would be that you continue to have patches available for those
who wish to play with this in -Stable, but that it not become part of
the tree.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!