Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:08:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL *again* (was: New CODA release)

I don't mean to be inflamatory, but if the GPL upsets you this much,
wouldn't the most effective way to oppose it be to take the time and
make the effort to carefully create a new and detailed license focused
on your own particular goals, then make this license widely available
to the general public?

I honestly don't think any amount of posting of this type will have
any effect on the GPL one way or the other.  It will simply continue
to stir up arguments and earn you a public label that I doubt you
would want to have.

I've posted an article as to my own thoughts on software licensing,
which is available at :

http://www.o-o.org/~licia/writing/articles/licensing.html

The article includes some commentary on creating a new license that
may be useful. :)

[ licia@o-o.org ] [ http://www.o-o.org/~licia/ ] [ Alias : Ladywolf]
[ Telnet to o-o.org and log in as bbs ]    [ ssh -l bbs -C o-o.org ]
[        A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/         ]