Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 21:51:43 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        James Raynard <james@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mentor program (was: Stealable idea?)

> Would it be worth adding these (and no doubt others) to the "What Is Needed"
> in the "Contributing to FreeBSD" section of the Handbook?

Sure.  Add it to your suggested list of projects, maybe? :-)

> I know this isn't what you were asking about, but there are plenty of
> odds and ends that might suit people without the time or inclination to
> become a kernel hacker:
> [a number of very good suggestions elided]

> 7.  If you run -current and have enough spare CPU cycles/disk space,
>     do a "make release" every now and again and try to install it
>     on a spare machine.

This one could also be rephrased to say: "There is a machine which
builds a full release once a day named current.freebsd.org - every now
and then, try and install the latest release from it and report any
failures in the process."

I don't think that many will be stalwart enough to build full
releases, and of those that do it's possible that they'd use up more
developer time asking more questions about the process than is saved
in testing, so I'd really rather refer people to the existing release
server first.

					Jordan