Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:13:24 +0200
From:      Oliver von Bueren <ovb@ovb.ch>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recommended BRI Interface with i4b (HPS-Edition) and Asterisk/chan_capi on 6.2

Hi all, esp. HPS

As some might remember, I've setup my Asterisk on a FreeBSD 6.1-RELENG
box with the i4b from HPS, including the chan_capi (AVM Fritz) and
Asterisk from the ports collection, runs well.

I'm now planning on upgrading a bit. For one I'd like to move to the
6.2-RELENG branch. I quess the save way to do this is to de-install i4b,
do the cvsup to 6.2-RELENG and get that running without i4b and then do
a fresh install after an svn update with the current version. If anybody
sees any pitfalls with that, please tell me!

Now to the more important question. Can anybody recommend me a multi
port BRI card for this combo of software. It needs to support at least
one, better two S0 in NT mode and one as TE connected to a DDI S0 from
our local telco NT1.

I've seen the thread about the Digium D410P(€635) and spotted the BN4S0
from Beronet (€450) , Junghanns.net has a quadBRI 2.0 as well. All
prices in Euros excl. VAT on voipango.de. In addition, I think I need a
power supply for the NT-Mode S0, the beronet one is around €82.

At the moment, I'm in favor of the Beronet card, as it's quite a
difference to the Digium one.
Does that sound reasonable to you? And, does it work?

--

       Oliver