Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:50:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      small@d.sparks.net
To:        Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Smallest MTA?

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 small@d.sparks.net wrote:
>
> > What's the smallest footprint for disk (flash) usage, that has the ability
> > to send basic email messages out?
>
> You sure you want something as 'big' as a freebsd install; plenty of
> embedded stacks which can do this for 'less'. Or, if you like high level
> languages; check out TINY at www.ibutton.com.

Yes, I'm sure I want to have my toaster email able.  No, I really am not
looking for TINI:)

> But I am getting away on my firewall with an 12Mbyte flash card; and it
> just about is able to email.

I need to keep two copies of a data file that changes daily and may
eventually approach 100 MB in size.  I have 256 MB of flash to hold those
images plus the OS image.  I've got space enough for a small MTA, I'm just
wondering which of postfix, qmail, sendmail, PP, smail, smtpd, or
something else is the best to use.

Thanks!

--- David