Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 22:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   It's green!

Hello!

I've found an unusual interaction between fxtv 0.43 and an older
bktr-enhanced vic.  After I restart the machine, everything's peachy in
vic -- I can transmit fine.  But, if I run fxtv 0.43, quit, and then
restart the transmit in vic, the transmitted image is toned green.  This
holds for whatever I broadcast -- blue screen, RCA input, or tuner.

Maybe we need to update the bktr framegrabber for vic?  I'm guessing fxtv
is setting a wierd mode and the bktr-grabber isn't wired to reset the grab
type yet.

FXTV is displaying in direct video mode.  I'm running in 1024x768x16 at
the moment on the Mach64 GX.

An oddity:  I rebuilt the kernel with the 0604 driver and rebooted the
machine.  When I started vic back up to test transmission by transmitting
the TV (Port-1), I got the channel I was watching on FXTV (channel 12)
_before_ the warmboot back. I run FXTV and get the default channel, 3.

The vic.bktr.gz matches the one on rah right now.

Hints? Help?

Thanks!

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo