Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:32:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Sven Hazejager <sven@chain.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC Card modem problems

In message <3BC59BD4.6050106@chain.demon.nl> Sven Hazejager writes:
: But now when I change the PCMCIA mode in my laptop's BIOS from
: "auto-detect" to "Cardbus/16-bit", FreeBSD detects pcic as a ToPic95b
: controller (instead of ToPic97 if it is set to "auto-detect"), and
: everything works, even without hw.pcic.intr_path=1.
:
: Is this expected behaviour?

Sadly yes.  There's a number of minor issues here, which I've not had
adequate access to hardware to resolve.

Can you boot the machine with "auto-detect" and send me a
	pciconf -r pciX:Y:Z 0:0xff
for each device that's a ToPIC.  And then do the same thing with it
set to Cardbus/16-bit?  That would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Warner